Sunday, July 5, 2009

Well, I am employed. Sort of.

So this Federal program I signed up for has found me a job. I'm currently starting as an intern at the HATCI center near Ypsilanti, Michigan.

I haven't any clue what they're going to have me do, or what money I'll make yet. I haven't even spoken to any of my future employers, aside from them sending me an email with the dress code and attitude expected. Business casual and professional. This is not surprising.

In other, different news, I decided to take a wild shot in the dark and post my resume in something like 15 different states on Craigslist.

I got dozens of spam emails, several spam calls, and a few unfruitful calls. But it appears that the main job offer is a small patent law firm in Phoenix Arizona. They're offering me probably at least $32,000, if they hire me and quite possibly more. This in addition to relocation expenses, which is nice. I'm nervous about this idea, but I am more than willing to leave the area and go to Phoenix. Not my first choice for a city (Dear God, I fell as much in love with New York as I feared I would) but still not a bad place to live.

I imagine this blog would get substantially more interesting if I did do that move, due to the fact that it would be a story of establishing myself in a new, almost foreign area. Well, we'll see.

I start as an intern on Monday and I should be receiving a call from the third partner of the law firm on Monday. So things are going to change. I just don't know quite how.

Also, my tax refund hasn't come, and I haven't heard anything from unemployment in two weeks. I am going to call them on Monday, I think. Unemployment that is.

But! Things seem to be looking up. I'm not unemployed in Michigan anymore. Just most likely underemployed, or possibly not in Michigan. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment